|Date Posted||April 27, 2021|
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Will vary with coverage
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center is a Magnet Hospital that has been named Best Hospital in Fairfield County and in all of Western Connecticut for 2013 - 2014 by US News & World Report. Dr. Squitieri has been voted a “top physician” in the state of Connecticut for the last 12 years by his peers, hospitals and healthcare executives as noted in the Connecticut Magazine. He is also voted as a highly rated physician in Health Grades, Vitals and Web MD Docs. We are the primary teaching hospital for the Frank Netter School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University. St. Vincent’s Medical Center was the first institution in the state to pioneer endovascular vein harvesting.
Physician Assistant Role Scope:
Hartford HealthCare St. Vincent’s Medical Center is seeking a Physician Assistant to join their Surgical Services team. The successful candidate will be responsible for various functions including first assisting in the operating room, rounding, bedside procedures and consults. APPs will work in collaboration with a number of surgeons covering primarily Trauma and general surgeries. However, this position will also include the opportunity to cover robotic, colorectal, plastics, surgical oncology, bariatrics, urology and GYN.
- Perform Daily patient rounds and implement therapeutic intervention
- Exercise judgment on problems requiring consultation, referral or evaluation
- Perform admission, consults and discharge of patients
- Ordering diagnostic studies as part of clinical treatment plan
- First assist surgeon in the OR with professional competency
- Be a part of the Trauma response team
- Perform and assist with bedside procedures
- Identify and provide teaching for patients, families, and other health care providers
Shift: Full-time, Rotating 13 hour schedule (Days, Nights, Weekends, Holidays)
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Supportive team environment with thorough on-boarding
- Competitive compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience
Advanced Practitioner Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program required
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- NCCPA Certification
- DEA and CT prescriptive privileges
- BLS, ACLS and ATLS certification
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS - Experience:
2+ years working as a First Assistant in the operating room is preferred. Robotic training is a plus. This should not dissuade new graduates from applying, as we understand work ethic supersedes experience in certain situations.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.