|Date Posted||October 28, 2020|
Physician Assistant PRN - Emergency Department
On Call, FTE: 0
NorthBay Medical Center
The Physician Assistant (PA) – Emergency Medicine is required to function as a member of the emergency department medical management team. The Physician Assistant is a health care professional with advanced education and training in emergency medicine services. The PA works under the direction of a licensed physician. The Physician Assistant is also directed by standardized protocols and procedures and in collaboration with the supervising physician.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program approved by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current Physician Assistant licensure by the State of California Physician Assistant Examining Committee and Board Certified.
- AHA or equivalent CPR required. Maintains a current DEA license for schedule II drugs.
- Experience as a Physician Assistant practicing in a related field, or completion of internship in primary care at NorthBay.
- Demonstrates ability to evaluate patient’s physical and emotional status.
- Demonstrates ability to provide patient care based on age-related needs.
- Demonstrates current knowledge and skill in providing appropriate care for patients in the following age groups: adult, adolescent, pediatric and geriatric.
- Ability to use computer, MS Word, Outlook, telephone. Knowledge of Cerner preferred.
- The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence.