|Date Posted||January 16, 2021|
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Full-time APPs will be required to work varying shift lengths, days, and time of day totaling 40hrs/wk. Additionally, there may be a component of home call.
Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Connecticut Orthopaedic Institute at MidState Medical Center. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Physician Assistants MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Opportunity for an Orthopaedic Physician Assistant to provide services including first assisting in the operating room, floor work, and consults on a high functioning PA team at MidState Medical Center, located in Meriden, CT.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
- The Connecticut Orthopaedic Institute (COI) at MidState Medical Center is an orthopedic center providing the highest quality of orthopedic care to community. The COI, which is part of Hartford HealthCare, strives for a balance of career and lifestyle. We offer a stimulating work environment that inspires Excellence, Safety, Caring, and Integrity. Join us in our vision to be nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. The team covers in-patient joint reconstruction, spine, and acute fracture care.
- A PA led surgical team with no residents or fellows
- A supportive team environment that is driven by excellence
- Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, and CME reimbursement
- We support your development and wellbeing through the respected Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners, and the groundbreaking Office of Provider Wellness
Certification as a Physician Assistant (PA) is required. 1-2 years of experience practicing as a Physician Assistant within a surgical specialty is highly preferred.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas. To put MORE LIFE IN YOUR LIFE apply today!