|Date Posted||November 21, 2020|
Bestica is a trusted provider of solutions in Information Technology and Healthcare sectors to the DoD, Federal and Commercial markets. Our guiding principle and core values help us care for our people and the community; and build a culture of excellence which in turn helps us achieve our organizational objective of exceeding customer’s expectations in each and every project. Headquartered in San Antonio, TX, we were founded in 2005.
Bestica is seeking a Nurse Practitioners and/or Physician Assistants to support Wright Patterson AFB, OH. Candidates should have experience in either an Orthopedic Clinic.
- Provide pre-surgical evaluation and education of patients about their procedures and their postoperative care
- Capability to evaluate and treat patients in the clinic and perioperative setting with a variety of orthopedic and spinal conditions including ample exposure to diseases of the orthopedics and spine as this will be the primary focus. Exposure to and knowledge of other conditions including but not limited to primary and metastatic tumors of spine, radiculopathies, and spine injuries, and chronic pain
- Ensures that the appropriate imaging studies are in the operating room and the history and physical are in the chart before the patient get to the surgical suite
- Provides assistance to the surgeon throughout the operative case to include but not limited to initial exposure, manipulating instruments, wound closure, and dressing application
- Initiates postoperative orders including medications and follows up on patients in the recovery room
- Rounds on inpatients and coordinates their medical care including medications, physical therapy, consults, dispositions as well as their discharges from the hospital