|Date Posted||February 7, 2021|
TeamHealth has an excellent opportunity for a full-time physician assistant or nurse practitioner to make a positive difference with our Anesthesiology team at Tampa General Hospital in beautiful Tampa, Florida. The clinician will be responsible for preoperative evaluation and optimization of patients presenting for surgery and procedures at Tampa General Hospital.
This position fulfills a critical need by identifying and evaluating patients at high risk of adverse outcomes after surgery. The team member uses institutional algorithms to apply guideline directed medical therapies to optimize outcomes for patients as well as operational efficiencies for the facility. Requires a broad base of knowledge of internal medicine, and a desire to learn and adapt to new guidelines as they are published.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Generates an anesthesia preoperative evaluation for each patient encounter in the pre-admission testing center. This is a focused history and physical examination
• Reviews outside medical records from primary care clinicians and specialists.
Reviews the records of low risk patients stratified to phone interviews or chart reviews
• Orders additional testing as required. Reviews results and acts on identified opportunities for optimization
• Generates an anesthesia preoperative evaluation for selected inpatients scheduled for surgery
• Physician assistant or nurse practitioner licensed in the state of Florida
• Experience evaluating adult internal medicine patients, preferably in an ambulatory setting
• Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly competitive compensation structure
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401K plan
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Paid professional liability insurance (including tail)
- Relocation assistance
Teaching Hospital located in Tampa, Florida
Tampa General Hospital (TGH) is a private, not-for-profit hospital with more than 1,000 beds. As one of the most comprehensive medical facilities in Florida. TGH serves a dozen counties with a total population in excess of 4,000,000. As the area's only Level 1 trauma center, one of only three burn centers in Florida, and home to one of the leading organ transplant centers in the country and has performed more than 6,000 adult solid organ transplants, TGH is also the primary teaching hospital for the University of South Florida Health Morsani College of Medicine.
Enjoy a perfect climate in a waterfront city with many of the nation's leading attractions. A large natural harbor on Florida's Gulf coast, the Tampa Bay area is an exciting place to call home. Enjoy pristine beaches, an abundance of private and public golf courses, world-class amusement attractions, museums, dining, shopping and all the trappings of a major metropolis and travel destination. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon on the sand at Anna Marie Island, a beach, pier and shopping attraction. Take the whole family to Busch Gardens for thrilling rides, wildlife viewing, live performances and more. In addition to these exciting attractions, Tampa offers a growing arts and cultural scene. The Dali Museum offers an extensive collection by the famous surrealist painter, Salvador Dali. For exciting nightlife, look no further than Ybor City known for its boutiques, shops, Cuban and Latin eateries, clubs and much more. Tampa Bay's Gulf Coast of Florida is near the sandy, white Gulf of Mexico beaches, where you can enjoy fishing, boating, golf, tennis and professional sports teams like the Buccaneers and Devil Rays. Explore all that Tampa has to offer!