|Date Posted||September 17, 2020|
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Physician Assistant Role Scope
The physician Assistant assists 3 general surgeons with pre, peri and post-operative management of surgical patients within inpatient, ambulatory, and OR settings. Responsibilities include:
- Comprehensive inpatient services including daily rounds and surgical consultations, emergency room assessments of surgical patients, admissions and discharges
- Intraoperative first assist in the operating room
- Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders and interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treats illnesses including giving injections and suturing wounds
- Monitors therapies and provides continuity of care
- Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems
- Responds to emergencies including the use of CPR
- Counsels patient/family on preventive health care
- Documents patient information and care in medical record
- Performs other assigned tasks to assist management and employees and support co-workers
Schedule: 4 10’s. Schedule may include every 5th weekend in the future.
Physician Assistants Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- State of the art clinical and informatics technology
Physician Assistant Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Master’s program
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- Certification as a Physician Assistant
- General Surgery experience highly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.