|Date Posted||January 7, 2021|
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. Backus is home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and is the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. The Hospital delivers and coordinates a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of its communities.
Enjoy career within a growing collaborative surgical team of 12 surgical Physician Assistants. This team takes tremendous pride in a family like atmosphere filled with both new graduates and seasoned veterans. Members of this Surgical Physician Assistant team have autonomy while caring for complex patients and hands on experience with surgical specialties including:
Advanced Practitioner Responsibilities Include:
- Perform Daily patient rounds and Implement therapeutic intervention
- Exercise judgment on problems requiring consultation, referral or evaluation
- Provide H+P and discharge summary for patients
- Ordering diagnostic studies as part of clinical treatment plan
- Performs various duties to assist surgeon in the OR
- Perform and assist with bedside procedures
- Display professional competency in the OR
- Identify and provide teaching for patients, families, and other health care providers
- Rotating shifts with night, weekend and holiday coverage
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare, newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Advanced Practitioner Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse through AACN or ANCC.
- 3+ years working as a Physician’s Assistant, First Assistant in the OR preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.