|Date Posted||January 10, 2021|
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Various Shifts
Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Neurosurgery Team at Hartford Hospital. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Physician Assistants MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Opportunity for a Neurosurgery Physician Assistant Clinical Leader to provide both leadership and first assist / inpatient services at Hartford Hospital, located in Hartford, CT
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
- The Neurosurgery Physician Assistant Clinical Leader provides coverage of inpatient neurosurgery patients at Hartford Hospital with a day / night rotating schedule, as well as responding to consult requests, covering cases in the OR / first assist, and for procedures including ventricular drains, lumbar punctures, lumbar drains, including placement of ICP monitors and ventricular drains.
- Collaboration with the Advanced Practice (AP) Manager in the specialty area, the AP Educator(s), and the Director of the Office of Advanced Practice. The Clinical Leader will assist with the development of orientation education, participate in precepting of new hires/ students and ongoing education of APs on the service. The Clinical Leader will participate in team and department projects/ committees and scheduling as delegated by the AP Manager. The clinical leader will participate in scheduling and Kronos activities as directed by the AP Manger.
- The PA provides quality, holistic and cost-effective advanced practice care for patients, families, and others in a target population, and participates in the medical management of patients, to achieve or maintain optimal health status, manage disease and reduce risk of illness.
- Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, and CME reimbursement.
- An academic teaching environment with a cohesive team of PA’s
- We support your development and wellbeing through the respected Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners, and the groundbreaking Office of Provider Wellness
A minimum of 3 years of experience within a surgical specialty, including first assisting, is required.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas. To put MORE LIFE IN YOUR LIFE apply today!