|Date Posted||February 17, 2021|
Position: Physician Assistant
Specialty: Cardiothoracic / Cardiovascular Surgery
Location: Travel is reqired to our 3 local hospital locations
Community Hospital, Munster, IN: St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, IN: St. Catherine's Hospital, East Chicago, IN
Provides care to patients acting as an assistant to Physicians following established standards and practices. Provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive healthcare services, as delegated by a Physician and/or Surgeon.
- Graduate of accredited PA school. Completion of an Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) approved program.
- Current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current active licensure to practice as a PA in the State of Indiana.
- Current BLS certification. Current ACLS and/or ATLS for PA’s working in Surgery.
- 1-2 years experience as a Physician Assistant.
- Knowledge of professional theory, practice, and medical care to give and evaluate patient care. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional PA’s to provide ongoing patient care. Knowledge of medications and their effects on patients. Knowledge of patient education principles to develop self-care programs. Skill in anticipating and reacting calmly to emergency work situations. Ability to communicate clearly.