|Date Posted||January 28, 2021|
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. The Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center which provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to Hartford Hospital. Hartford Hospital performed the first successful heart transplant in the state, and pioneered the use of robotics in surgery. We maintain the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region, and operate the state’s only air ambulance system, LIFE STAR.
About the Hartford HealthCare Heart & Vascular Institute
The Hartford HealthCare Heart & Vascular Institute brings together cardiac care specialists - increasing collaboration and care coordination - all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and providers, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology. The award-winning Heart & Vascular Institute is a national leader in advancing cardiac care, offering heart disease prevention, treatment, surgery, and research. We received "top performer" recognition by the Joint Commission for performance on evidence-based care processes for the treatment of heart attack, and were recognized by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association as a Get with the Guidelines - Stroke GOLD PLUS Achievement Award winner in 2016.
Physician Assistant Role
The Hartford HealthCare Heart & Vascular Institute is seeking a dynamic and dedicated operating room Physician Assistant to join the busy and growing Department of Cardiac Surgery. Under the direction of a cardiothoracic surgeon, the physician assistant is responsible for performing a variety of duties. These duties include, but are not limited to: first assisting cardiovascular surgical procedures, endoscopic vessel harvesting, preoperative history and physical examination, postoperative care in an outpatient clinical setting and patient education.
Schedule: Monday through Friday with periodic weekday and weekend call
Physician Assistant Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Extremely competitive salary
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Physician Assistant Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Master’s program
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant.
- 2+ years’ experience in cardiovascular surgery required
- First assistant experience, including endoscopic vein harvesting skills preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.