|Date Posted||November 12, 2020|
Location: Need to be able to work at multiple OrthoIndy locations
Department: Brad Jelen, MD
Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:45am-4:15pm with a lunch break
The Physician Administrative Assistant supports the assigned Physician with clinical and administrative help when it comes to the running of their practice. The Assistants responsibilities include supporting clinic, patient, and surgery schedules, coordinating with various internal and external departments in executing directed patient care, and maintaining patient information and records for review.
- Clinic Support - Completes daily clinic schedule, reviews patients' last dictation and records last appointment, date of injury, date of procedure, needed x-rays and results, and any ordered tests. Assists Physician and Physician Assistants in clinic with placing orders and work status updates. Assists with taking notes and necessary processing for prescriptions. Provides appointment dates and times for new patients and follow-ups when clinic is full.
- Manages and oversees phone messages and task messages from patients, providers, and adjustors. Coordinates with workers compensation nurses to review records for request of second opinions and determine if the Physician will see the patient or review patient information with Physician to determine if the patient will be seen. Reviews and distributes mail and faxes, including sending faxes, putting account numbers on the document, reviewing the documents, stamping the faxes, preparing cover letters, and sending to the Scanning Team.
- Works with Support Services Department to manage schedules. Manages Physician's personal and professional calendar, including upcoming meetings, appointments, professional talks, etc. Maintains a running list of urgent tasks and imaging results and indicates follow-up for high priority items and review with Physician. Initiates and coordinates meetings and depositions.
- Determines appropriate clinic flow and makes adjustments as needed. Primary contact for setting up and maintaining clinic schedules. Responsible for adding in patients as needed outside of standard templates.
- Manages medical record reviews, including records, organizing records for Physician review, coordinating to send out completed requests, etc. Coordinates with Worker Compensation Team to schedule IMEs. Reviews and organizes records for IMEs to facilitate Physician review.
- Maintains a list of new referral patients and corresponds thank you letters to referring Physicians. Composes and transcribes dictated letters.
- Coordinates Peer to Peer calls required by insurance providers.
- Assists with other professional and personal miscellaneous needs as requested.
- Participates in internal continuing education, in-services, and staff meetings.
- High School Diploma or GED in Related Field (Required)
- 2-4 years of experience (Required)