|Location||Las Vegas, NV|
|Date Posted||November 3, 2020|
$15,000 sign on bonus available to external candidates.
Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. SMA offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. SMA is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area
Southwest Medical is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.
In this role, you will administer comprehensive outpatient rheumatology care. The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant is responsible for providing health care services to rheumatology patients. Enhances and expands the patient care within the medical practice, collaborates with the physician(s) and other clinicians by providing a full scope of patient care. Focus is on preventive health or the management of stable chronic conditions.
- Perform as an advanced practice nurse practitioner; use prescriptive authority, procedures and treatments, in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations and institutional guidelines
- Provide direct outpatient care and serve as a resource for staff and physicians
- Provide comprehensive rheumatology health assessments to treat and manage patient care
- Follow comprehensive plans that include intervention and treatment to attain expected outcomes
- Identify expected outcomes derived from the assessment data and diagnoses and individualize expected outcomes with the patient specific populations and with the health care team when appropriate
- Provide comprehensive clinical coordination of care and case management
We offer an attractive base salary, bonus plan, and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs.
Las Vegas offers the best in entertainment and cultural options, in addition to being an affordable metropolitan area in which to live. Also, Nevada has no state income tax. Warm weather, 300-plus days of sunshine, championship golf, hiking, skiing, five-star restaurants, endless attractions and entertainment choices are reasons Las Vegas is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States.
Optum Health is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system. Optum Health helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.