|Date Posted||November 27, 2020|
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
Our Nurse Practitioner (NP)/ Physician Assistant (PA) is responsible for a full range of medical services in accordance with established policy and procedure as well as within state guidelines. Provides required documentation of services to the Site Medical Director or designee in order to monitor provision of clinical services. Notifies the Medical Director and Health Services Administrator (HSA) regarding changes in schedule coverage and assist with arrangements for coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period of time.
- Successful completion of studies for PA or ARNP from an accredited College or University
- Prefer a minimum of one (1) year clinic experience
- Must have and maintain current licensure as an ARNP or PA within the state
- Report to assigned facility at designated hour to examine referred patients.
- Conduct on-site chronic care clinics and sick call as established by the Site Medical Director, HSA, or designee.
- Conduct infirmary rounds as established by the Site Medical Director, HSA, or designee and records encounters in the patient's progress notes.
- Ensure progress note documentation is in SOAP format; is problem oriented; corresponds to the therapeutic order; and is dated, timed, and legible.
- Adhere to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens before using nonformulary procedure.
- Respond to a code or health emergency within standard guidelines.
- Willing and able to travel as much as 50% of the time.
- Make pertinent observations and draw logical conclusions to validate need for non-formulary drug, then record on non-formulary form and submit to the Medical Director for approval.
- Utilize available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before using off-site referral, if possible.
- Provide emergency treatment on-site and respond appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Support standards of medical care through adherence to existing policies and procedures for: admission to the infirmary (when one is on site), transfer to emergency room, and/or utilization review process for specialty consultant referrals.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for individual judgments and actions.
- Report any doubts or questions regarding the lack of appropriate referrals, nursing, or medical intervention necessary for the realization of established patient goals to the Medical Director or HSA for disposition.
- Use Universal or Standard Precautions at all times.
- Prescribe a planned regimen of total patient care, which is adequate, problem oriented and appropriate to the needs of the patient.
- Keep patient information confidential and respect patient's rights to privacy in accordance with accepted confidentiality practices for incarcerated individuals.
- Provide input into facility mandatory committees such as Pharmacy and Therapeutics and Medical Audit Committee as requested by Site Medical Director, HSA, or designee.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer