|Location||Pigeon Forge, TN|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2020|
Hours per week: 36
Healthstat is a leading provider of on-site primary care, high health risk intervention, chronic condition management and occupational medical care services in employer facilities. Through on-site centers, preventative care, wellness programs and comprehensive reporting, Healthstat alleviates a corporation's rising cost of healthcare by improving the health of its employees and dependents. Healthstat currently manages more than 300 clinics nationwide serving over 200,000 participants.
Healthstat's professional providers aid employees with reaching personal health improvement goals. Our positions offer a unique opportunity to be directly involved with improving employee health with a singular commitment to wellness.
We are seeking a qualified Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to provide full-service primary care to employees and their families at our worksite clinic for The Dollywood Company in Pigeon Forge, TN. with a focus on patient engagement and preventive services, Healthstat offers an exciting opportunity to see the positive impact you can have on population and individual health outcomes by forming one to one supportive relationships with a consistent group of patients.
About the Client: The Dollywood Company is a highly-awarded and widely-recognized leader in the amusement industry consisting of the 150-acre Dollywood theme park; the 35-acre Dollywood's Splash Country; Dollywood's DreamMore Resort and Spa; and Dollywood's Smoky Mountain Cabins. Located in the beautiful Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee near Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Dollywood is truly a place that is unique-you can't see it or touch it, but you can certainly feel the difference. People are Dollywood's biggest asset. People who work here make the experience both rewarding and enjoyable and what they do matters. Simply put, Dollywood is a great place to work for great people.
How Healthstat providers make a difference:
- Develop individual healthcare plans to lower health risks
- Diagnose and treat chronic diseases and acute/episodic occurrences
- Refer patients with complex medical issues to a primary physician or specialist
- Utilize the Trans Theoretical Model of Behavior Change
- Provide primary care, disease management, and preventative care services to employees of contracted client companies;
- Disease Management (to include but not limited to): Hypertension, Diabetes, High Cholesterol, Obesity, Asthma/COPD, Coronary Artery Disease, Smoking Cessation (preventative), Weight Loss (preventative)
- Primary Care (to include but not limited to): Ear infections, Respiratory infections, Common colds, Influenza, Urinary tract infections, Breathing disorders, Muscle strain, Minor stitch removal, Punch biopsy, Wellness exam
- Construct and interpret a medical history.
- Ability to draw blood samples in the clinic to be sent to the corresponding lab companies.
- Ability to work independently
- Maintain accurate patient records (Electronic Medical Records).
- Perform a physical assessment: order appropriate lab tests and/or diagnostic or screening procedures.
- Developing with the patient an ongoing plan for health with an emphasis on prevention and self-care (prescription of care including medications).
- Follow up and evaluation of care plan as clinically indicated.
- Assist patients in establishing a physician relationship if one is not currently established.
- Communicate with patients' physicians ANY and ALL changes in patient care plan.
- Direct referral to and liaison with consultants and other professional agencies.
- Dispense medications from on-site dispensary (if applicable);
- Assist in the development of internal operations of Clinic-specific locations to meet the needs of the population being serviced
- Work cooperatively with Corporate Client Services and Clinic Operations to ensure seamless provision of support to the on-site clinics;
- Work collaboratively with the Medical team assigned to said Client Company to deliver optimum care and coverage for contracted services;
- Participate in Client Company sponsored trainings from time to time;
- Staff a set number of client company clinic sites as determined by Healthstat, Inc.
- Coordinate activities of data gathering, information distribution and ongoing administration.
- Attend all Healthstat clinic training sessions (including EMR training).
- Identify community health needs and strategies to address them.
- To advise on Healthstat policy within the continually changing environment of healthcare delivery.
- To schedule follow-up appointments, screenings, and tests for client company employees.
- Assist in outreach efforts with Healthstat to target those employees at highest risk of developing chronic diseases.
- Maintain clinic operations standards and supply inventory.
- Complete all necessary paperwork required by Healthstat
- Must meet all state requirements and be licensed in good standing to practice medicine
- Previous experience with the use of an Electronic Medical Records system
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Construct and Interpret medical history
- Proficient in Phlebotomy
- Dispense medication from on-site dispensary (if applicable)
- Able to work independently
- 2+ years of professional clinical experience
- Experience in Urgent Care or Occupational Medicine a plus
- Ability to suture a plus
- May be sole staff member, must be comfortable with checking in and rooming patients
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, age, marital status, or handicap.